What is SPLA?
The Services Provider License Agreement allows an organisation to license Microsoft products and use them to provide software services to its customers. Types of partners that typically enter into SPLA are: web hosters, application service providers, ISVs w/hosted apps, messaging or collaboration service providers (hosted email), outsourcers or platform infrastructure providers.
What is the difference between SPLA and other Microsoft Volume Licensing programs?
Microsoft Volume Licensing programs offer several licensing options for customers to acquire Microsoft software licenses for internal use. Hosting providers who want to offer software services to their customers and who will include software licenses as part of their service offering should use SPLA. Microsoft SPLA is the only Microsoft Volume Licensing program that allows Microsoft products to be used for commercial hosting.
How do I know I am eligible for SPLA?
To be eligible for SPLA, you should be enrolled in the Microsoft Partner Network.
How does pricing work for SPLA?
Pricing for SPLA remains the same month-to-month. Any price changes for SPLA will occur in January.
Are there any upfront fees required to sign SPLA?
No, there are no upfront program fees associated with signing SPLA. However, after 6 months there is a minimum of $100 usage per month to remain in the program.
Why HP SLMS?
Experience and expertise
- HP SLMS has been an authorized SPLA reseller since 2003
- HP SLMS is a one-stop shop for all the software you require for your hosting environment: Microsoft, VMware, Citrix…
- HP SLMS’s dedicated hosting team helps you get the most from your SPLA
- HP SLMS provides direct access to local language Customer Care desks via freephone and email
- HP SLMS’s Service Review Team offers licensing reviews tailored to your own environment, with a focus on cost savings and business growth
- HP SLMS’s online ordering system makes reporting easier (includes ‘saved basket’ option, pricing, activity reports)
- Monthly service provider-specific newsletters update you on any changes
- Reporting reminders assist you to stay on schedule and compliant
- Regular webcasts inform you about licensing and products
- An in-country sales agent will manage your account
- Operational excellence enables multi-currency billing
- As a cross-regional SPLA reseller, HP SLMS has access to the best value price lists